Welcome to another week at Colour Me…! I was blown away with the talent of the submissions for last week’s challenge and can’t wait to see what you come up with for this one! This week’s combo gave me nautical vibes so I just ran with it. The challenge is to create a card using only red and blue.
I created an 4Bar card (4 7/8 x 3 1/2″) with a simple striped watercolor background.
I cut out the anchor shape using my Silhouette Portait cutting machine and dry embossed it with a dot embossing folder. I wanted to add some extra dimension and detail so I used a blue marker to colour some pearls the right blue before adhering them onto my card.
- Paint: Windsor & Newton Cotman Water Colours, The Compact Set;
- Stamps: SimonSaysStamp, Favorite Flowers;
- Ink: SimonSaysStamp, Lipstick Red;
- Embellishments: self adhesive pearls;
- Tools: Silhouette, Portrait; Cricut, Cuttlebug; blue marker; foam tape; acrylic blocks;
- Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Polka Dots;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110lb white; heavyweight red;
Make sure to check out the rest of the design team. They are chock-full of inspiration.
& January guest designer, Tenia Nelson
Thanks for dropping by! I hope I’ve inspired you to play along on this week’s Colour Me…! challenge. I’m on Facebook now so you can hit me up there for the x² lastest updates and more!