Welcome! Before I jump in, I want to take a sec to sincerely thank everyone who has been leaving me comments, subscribing to my YouTube channel, liking my Facebook page and just encouraging my efforts. I’m really new to the crafty scene and it just means so much to me when readers take the time to support my efforts. THANK YOU!!
Okay, so this week the Colour Me…! challenge stumped me! The colours are yellow, orange, and green. For some reason, the warm autumn colours just weren’t getting my juices flowing so I had to give this one a good think.
The idea for my card finally came to me while I was Googling hats for my little schnauzer, Zoë (one half of z²), whose delicate ears freeze when she goes outside during winter. The challenge colours are subtly incorporated into the clean and simple design. This card comes complete with it’s own video–
Slow and steady wins the race! I used the adorable Lawn Fawn Year Two set for all of the stamping. I’ve mentioned before that I am a novice colourer so I will use any excuse to practice. I stamped the turtles in VersaFine Onyx Black ink and then used my colour pencils and blending solution to colour them in.
I stamped the party hats onto the turtles after I finished colouring and then paper pieced the triangle hat part using orange and yellow paper.
To finish the card, I used Versamark ink to stamp the ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment onto some slate cardstock and then heat embossed with Ranger Liquid Platinum powder.
I adhered the slate strip directly onto my 110# white A2 (4¼ x 5½”) cardbase using permanent tape runner and then used foam tape to adhere down the top panels.
- Ink: VersaFine, Onyx Black; Versamark Watermark;
- Embossing: Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder; homemade anti-satic bag;
- Stamps: Lawn Lawn, Year Two;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white; heavyweight slate grey; Recollections 65# orange; yellow;
- Colouring: Derwent Academy, 24 Tin; Windsor & Newton, Sansodor blending solvent; blending stumps;
- Tools: Pick-Me-Up Stick; Fiskars Easy Action Scissors; acrylic blocks;
- Adhesive: Permanent glue runner; Zig 2Way Glue Pen;
- Embellishments: Wink of Stella, Glitter Marker (clear);
I hope I’ve inspired you to play along with the challenge this week! Make sure to check out the other design team members and keep the inspiration flowing–
& January guest designer, Tenia Nelson
Until next time!