Welcome to another week at the Colour Me…! challenge. Today is my birthday! This has been one of those years where it really creeps up without much warning!
So, this week the challenge is to create a project using navy. I’ve been really in the Valentine’s spirit so I kept ridding that wagon with this card.
The card I created is fun and flirty, but with a masculine navy flair. I designed the front panel in Silhouette Studio and cut the front, as well as the heart shaker filling from navy cardstock using my Silhouette Portrait. I softened the look of the shaker by using vellum for the front window.
- Ink: Stampin’ Up, Not Quite Navy (retired);
- Stamps: SimonSaysStamp, Sending Happy Thoughts; SimonSaysStamp, Sparkle & Shine;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white cardstock; navy 65#; vellum;
- Tools: Silhouette, Portrait;
- Adhesive: foam tape; Zig 2Way Glue Pen; Tombow Mono liquid glue;
- Embellishments: sequins;
Thank you so much for dropping by. I hope I’ve inspired you to play along with us over at the Colour Me…! challenge. Make sure to visit the other VERY talented designers for some juicy inspiration–
& February’s fab guest designer, Cornelia W
One more thing before I sign off, I’m going to use this card to play along with the Virginia’s View Challenge #12, Shaker cards—
Until next time!