Welcome! If winter has been getting you down, you are in for a treat over at the Colour Me…! challenge this week. The challenge is to create a project using turquoise, fuchsia, melon, and yellow–pretty retro, eh?!
For my project, I created a groovy flower power card. I used my Silhouette Portrait to cut the flowers then coloured them, as well the background, using Distress Ink. I used the Distress Ink two different ways–as watercolour, and blended onto the background. Make sure to check out the vid to see how easy it is to create your own flower embellishments.
- Ink: Distress Ink, Broken China, Picked Raspberry, Tea Dye, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed; Ranger Distress Clear Embossing Ink;
- Stamps: SimonSaysStamp, Favorite Flowers;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white;
- Tools: Ranger Mini Blending Tool; bone folder;
- Embossing: Ranger, Liquid Platinum, Embossing Powder;
- Embellishments: Zig Wink of Stelle Glitter Brush (clear);
I hope I got your creative mojo flowing and that you’ll join us over at the Colour Me…! challenge. Make sure to check out the other design team blogs for some groovy inspiration–
& February’s fab guest designer, Cornelia W
Hope to see you back here soon!