Welcome! Today is an exciting day! I’m thrilled to be back on the Scrapbooks by Design blog today and bursting to share the card I created this week. This post is my first ever using my brand new Spectrum Noir alcohol markers!
I was gifted a large set of Spectrum Noir markers from my parents. To celebrate, and to practice, I made this thank you card to send my folks back home–
As soon as I saw the new Scripty Sayings stamps from Lawn Fawn, I was inspired to use the long greetings as vines. The new Critters in the Jungle set is perfect to use with the idea, especially since there is a climbing monkey included in the set!
Since I was in the mood to celebrate I went all out. There is everything, except the kitchen sink on this card, so I have TWO videos to share this week. The first is the tutorial of how I created and assembled the card, and the second is the Spectrum Noir Colouring and first impressions (sneak peek–they are AWESOME!).
- Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink (Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Broken China) ; VersaFine, Onyx Black;
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters in the Jungle; Lawn Fawn Scripty Sayings;
- Dies: Lawn Cuts Critters in the Jungle;
- Cardstock: cardbase -110# white; critters – Spectrum Noir 100#
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir: Elephant (BG1, BG2, BG4, FS6), Cheetah (FS2, GB8, GB10, OR1, TN2), Bird (CT2, OR1, TB3, TB5, TB6), Monkey (GB8, EB1, TN7, FS6, EB2), Flora (CG1, DG2, DG4);
- Embossing: homemade anti-satic bag; Superfine Clear embossing Powder;
- Tools: Silhouette, Portrait; Ranger Mini Blending Tool; ;
- Adhesive: Permanent glue runner; clear foam squares;
- Embellishments: Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear);
I’m going to play along with the Virginia’s View Challenge #14, Layers and Dimension using this card–
Thanks so much for dropping by today! I hope to see you back here again soon. Until next time,