Welcome! It’s Wednesday already, so that means another new Colour Me challenge. The challenge this week is to create a project using navy, teal, pink, and yellow.
I’ve been reaching for my Critters in the Jungle set quite a bit recently, so that’s where I started for inspiration for my card. Make sure to watch the YouTube video to see how I made it–
I started at my computer in Silhouette Studio to cut the stitched window on my cardbase. Next, I masked off the area on the inside of the card that would show through the window. I used a navy and teal ink to blend on the background. While I let the background dry, I stamped, coloured, and die cut the birds.
After the background was dry and smooth, I stamped the thank you greeting and smooshed Versamark ink over the area before heat embossing with clear. In real life, the clear embossing powder gives a really shiny texture to the card so it finishes it off nicely.
Finally, I adhered down the birds and called it a day.
Thanks so much for dropping by! Make sure to visit the other design team members for tons more inspiration–
- Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black; VersaFine, Onyx Black; Versamark Watermark; Lawn Fawn, Mermaid; Lawn Fawn, Deep Sea;
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Critters in the Jungle; Lawn Fawn, Scripty Sayings;
- Dies: Lawn Cuts, Critters in the Jungle;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white;
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir Markers (OR1, CT2, PL1, BP2, PP5);
- Embossing: Ranger Superfine Clear embossing powder;
- Tools: Ranger Mini Blending Tool; Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Precision Tip Applicator Bottle; Silhouette Portrait;
- Adhesive: Ranger Multi Medium Matte;
Until next time,