Welcome! I’m going to keep things short and sweet today. Today is Wednesday, so that means a new Colour Me! challenge. The challenge this week is to create a project using only pink and neautrals.
A few weeks ago, I saw Jennifer McGuire create a flat shaker card. I couldn’t wait to try the technique. Even though you all know I love a shaker, they tend to be pretty bulky. I created my card in a more low-tech way than Jennifer did, but I think I achieved a similar result. The card was a breeze to create and took maybe 10 real life minutes to complete. Make sure to watch my very quick video to see how I made it–
This card could very easily be reproduced for a boy, or to be more gender neutral. I love the softness that the vellum adds, and those little feet at just the perfect touch of whimsy.
The Colour Me design team have outdone themselves this week with their inspiration cards. Make sure to visit their blogs to see how everyone created their cards–
- Ink: SimonSaysStamp, Cotton Candy, ink;
- Stamps: Hero Arts, Precious Baby Boy;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white; printed vellum; pink cardstock;
- Tools: Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Pick-Me-Up Stick; Silhouette Portrait;
- Adhesive: Permanent glue runner;
- Embellishments: pink sequins;
Thanks so much for dropping by this week! Until next time,