Hello everyone! Thanks for dropping by for another Colour Me challenge post. This week the challenge is to create a project using pink and green.
For once, my inspiration came from the challenge badge. Lucky for me I had a mini Lawn Fawn stamp set with a watermelon stamp. I just ran with the summer theme and went a little crazy with the pink! Make sure to watch the video to see how I created this easy card–
Shout out to my Dad who suggested that I create my own punny sentiment for the card. Other suggestions in the running were: seed you soon, seeds on greetings, water ya up to?, and melon cally.
I made a funny mistake while making this card. Have you spotted it yet? When I created my own custom greeting, I accidentally used a Q instead of an O! Whoopsie!
Make sure to visit the other designers on the team for some bright inspiration–
Supplies for this card:
- Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black;
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Happy Summer; Lawn Fawn, Milo’s ABC’s;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white;
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir Markers (GC1, DB2, PP5, BP2) ;
- Patterned Paper: Echo Park, Anything Goes; Taylored Expressions, Build a Scene;
- Tools: Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board;
- Adhesive: Be Creative ¼ tape; Permanent glue runner; Zig 2Way Glue Pen; foam tape;
- Embellishments: Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear); Glossy Accents;
One note of business before I sign off. I recently started what I hope to be a weekly feature on my YouTube channel – TGIF with Julia. I plan to post a video each Friday where I just let the camera roll as I create, colour and plan. These videos will be longer than my usual tutorials so I hope that you’ll be able to sit back and enjoy while I create.
Until next time,