Hi there! Thanks so much for dropping by for another Colour Me! challenge post. This week the challenge is to create a project using turquoise, yellow, and green.
A few weeks ago, Sue, from Sue’s Card Craft, posted this card to the challenge. I’ve had her whimsical scene in my head ever since so that’s what inspired this week’s project.
I used lots of different techniques on this card, but the one I want to mention in particular is using a homemade stencil and white acrylic caulking instead of embossing paste.
Acrylic caulking is available at any home improvement store and costs about $2/tube. So far in my use with it, it is a perfect substitution for harder to find embossing paste. Cool, eh?! To create my stencil, I used the free cloud shape that comes with the Silhouette Studio software and cut it from a piece of transparency. If you don’t have an electronic cutting machine, you can always create your own stencils with dies, or punches, or even scissors. I plan to re-use this stencil, but you can always use cardstock (white works best) for a single use stencil if you don’t have any transparency material to spare.
I hope that I’ve inspired you to play along with us at the Colour Me challenge this week. Make sure to visit the other designers to see their inspiration and get your mojo flowing–
- Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink: Shabby Shutters, Peacock Feathers, Scattered Straw;
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Critters in the Jungle; Lawn Fawn, Monster Mash; Lawn Fawn, Year Two;
- Dies: Lawn Fawn, Critters in the Jungle, Lawn Cuts;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white; Spectrum Noir 100# Ultra Smooth Cardstock;
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir Markers (BT5, CG2, FS2, FS3, EB1, EB2, GB8, GB10);
- Embossing: Cuttlebug, Polka Dots, embossing folder; Bright White Acrylic Caulking;
- Tools: Ranger Mini Blending Tool; Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Precision Tip Applicator Bottle; Silhouette, Portrait;
- Adhesive: Permanent glue runner; Ranger Multi Medium Matte; foam tape; Zots Bling Glue Dots; clear foam squares;
- Embellishments: Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear);
Until next time,