Hi there! Today I’m sharing a card I created for the Colour Me! challenge. This week the challenge is to create a project using purple, green and turquoise.
Before I jump in to my card, last week I mentioned that I was going to have a BIG announcement about the challenge. I was bursting to share the news that was announced last week: I will be staying on as a permanent member of the Colour Me design team!! Eeek!!! My role will be as the Colour Coordinator so I will pick out the challenge colours for each week. Also announced last week was the 4th Design Team. You can catch up on all the news here. Thank you so much to everyone for their kind words and encouragement. It just means the world to me when someone takes the time to comment on the blog and videos.
Ok, so moving on. I created a fairly simple (to create) card. As usual, there is a video tutorial showing how I made it.
I incorporated the challenge colours using a simple emboss resist technique. I stamped my floral swirls and then embossed them in a jazzy gold. To bring in the colours, I used Distress Ink and water as a watercolour resist.
That’s it for today. I’ll be back again tomorrow with another BIG announcement. In the meantime, make sure to visit the other Colour Me designers for some outstanding inspiration–
- Ink: Distress Ink (Evergreen Bough, Seedless Preserves, Mowed Lawn) ; Versamark Watermark;
- Stamps: SimonSaysStamp, Favorite Flowers;
- Embossing Folder: Cricut, Anna Griffin 5×7 Poppy Embossing Folder;
- Cardstock: SimonSaysStamp 100# cream; Windsor & Newton, Water Colour Marker Spiral Pad (6″ x 8″);
- Embossing: homemade anti-satic bag; Ranger Embossing Powder (gold);
- Tools: Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Pick-Me-Up Stick; Precision Tip Applicator Bottle;
- Adhesive: Ranger Multi Medium Matte; foam tape;
- Embellishments: Gold sequins (various sizes from my stash);
Until next time,