Welcome! Today is a very exciting day here on the z² blog because it’s my first official post for the Alley Way Stamps. In case you missed the announcement a few weeks ago, I’ve joined the Alley Way Stamps YouTube Design team.
Earlier this week it was Canada Day and since today is the 4th of July, I thought a fun lightning bug shaker would be a fun celebration card for this time of year. For my card, I used the Bugging Out mini stamp set and coordinating electronic cut files. You can watch the video tutorial I created on YouTube by clicking here, or below–
This card has everything (except the kitchen sink!) on it. Because the shaker was such a large and sparkly focal point, I felt like the rest of the card needed a little balance.
This card has plenty of razzle dazzle and is the perfect for any celebration at this time of year.
That’s it for me today. Make sure to visit the Alley Way Stamps Blog to see what the other girls are creating.
- Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black; SimonSaysStamp, Lipstick Red;
- Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps, Bugging Out; The Alley Way Stamps, Winter’s Butterflies;
- Cut Files: Bugging Out;
- Cardstock: Spectrum Noir, Ultra Smooth Premium, 100# cardstock; kraft;
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir Markers OR1, CT2, IG1, FS3, PP1, PP3, TB1, TB2, TB3; CR8, DR1);
- Tools: Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Pick-Me-Up Stick; Precision Tip Applicator Bottle; Silhouette, Portrait;
- Adhesive: Be Creative ¼ tape; Permanent glue runner; Ranger Multi Medium Matte; foam tape;
- Embellishments: Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear); Pretty Pink Posh, 4mm, 6mm, Sparkling Clear Sequins; red ribbon; Sakura White Gelly Roll pen; Glossy Accents; Zig Wink of Stella Marker (clear);
Thanks so much for dropping by! Until next time,