I created a floating shaker card. The basic idea, is that the shaker is suspended in between two layers so it looks like it’s floating. You can get a better look at the card by watching my YouTube Tutorial, below, or on my channel.
I’ve been on a total oval binge lately. I feel like 90% of the projects I create these days, start at my computer in Silhouette Studio where I’m setting up a stitched oval cut file. To me, ovals kind of feel like a window into a story.
For this card, I knew I wanted to try a floating shaker idea that I’ve been contemplating for a while. I’m so happy that it turned out well and that the sequins do really look like they’re floating when you shake the card! Also, I think the charcoal glitter paper is the perfect finishing touch for a glam Halloween card.
- Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black;
- Dies: The Alley Way Stamps, Ghoul-Friend;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white; American Crafts POW, Charcoal, Glitter Paper;
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir Markers (FS2, FS3, IG1, IG2. BGR1, Blender);
- Embossing: homemade anti-satic bag;
- Tools: Ranger Mini Blending Tool; Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Precision Tip Applicator Bottle; Silhouette, Portrait;
- Adhesive: glue dots; Ranger Multi Medium Matte; foam tape;
- Embellishments: Pretty Pink Posh, 4mm, Sparkling Clear sequins;
That’s it for today. Hope you’re having a great weekend! Until next time,