Hi everyone! I’m back on the Alley Way Stamps blog and YouTube channel today to share another Halloween card.
As always, I let my camera roll while I created my card so that I could share the process with you. You can watch the video below, or on my YouTube channel.
I’ve challenged myself to create as many Halloween cards as I can with this single stamp set. The Ghoul-Friend stamp set is one of my all time favourites because of the wide variety of stamps that are included in the set. There are plenty of wriggly critters, haunted creatures, and of course delectable sweets.
I cut my window shape from Silhouette Studio and then added some thinly trimmed strips of paper to add a little bit more detail. For my spooky background, I combined three colours of Distress Ink, and then added some water droplets for extra effect. Once my background was dry, I stamped and clear embossed both the spider, and his web.
The love that the spider isn’t affixed down, so he can still move around on his string. My two year old nephew seemed to particularly like the crawling the spider as well.
That’s it for today. Thanks so much for dropping by!
- Ink: Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves); VersaFine, Onyx Black;
- Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps, Ghoul-Friend;
- Cut Files: The Alley Way Stamps, Ghoul-Friend SVG; Assorted Window Frames (Design ID#50731);
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white;
- Embossing: homemade anti-satic bag; Wow, Clear Gloss, Embossing Powder;
- Tools: Ranger Mini Blending Tool; Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Silhouette, Portrait;
- Adhesive: Zig 2Way Glue Pen; clear foam squares;
- Embellishment: fine string (grey);
Until next time, happy haunting!