Hi Crafty Friends! I hope you’re having a magical day that has put you in the mood for an enchanted card. For today’s Colour Me! challenge post, I’m playing along with Team Hayley so my challenge was to create a project using mint, pink, and greige.
The challenge colours this week reminded me of an enchanted princess so I just ran with that idea. As usual, I let my camera roll while I was creating so I have a how-to tutorial to share with you. You can watch the video below, or on my YouTube channel.
Like I mentioned, the colours this week really reminded me of an enchanted princess fairytale. No princess fairytale is complete without some sparkle and shine, so I used silver glitter paper, as well as Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins to pull the whole card together.
To be honest, once I finished the card, I thought I maybe went a little overboard with the princess theme, but I let it sit for a couple days and decided that while princesses maybe aren’t my thing, someone out in the craft-verse would enjoy it…right?!
Of course there is plenty more inspiration this week from the other designers–
- Antonia Speelman
- Bhavana Kesarkar
- Brenda Hofstatter
- Hayley Kew
- Jinny Newlin
- Kim Heggins
- Ren Loh
- Tara Bourgoin
- Valentyna Komisarenko
- and our September guest designer…Wendi Lau
- Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink (Spun Sugar);
- Stamps: Hero Arts, Magical Castle;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white; Spectrum Noir, Ultra Smooth Premium, 100# cardstock;
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir Markers (BT1, BT2, PP1, PP3, BG1, BG2, Blender, EB1, EB2, GB8, GB10, FS2, FS3, FS6);
- Patterned Paper: Simple Stories, Enchanted, 6×6 Paper Pad; Lawn Fawn, Let’s Polka Mon Amie, Petite Paper Pack;
- ools: Ranger Mini Blending Tool; Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Silhouette, Portrait;
- Adhesive: Permanent glue runner; foam tape;
- Embellishments: Pretty Pink Posh, 4mm and 6mm, Sparkling Clear Sequins; pink sequins; Wink of Stella, Clear, Glitter Marker;
Thanks it for today. Thanks so much for stopping by! Until next time,