Hello beautiful crafty friends. I hope your weekend if off to a fabulous start. Today I’m back over on the Alley Way Stamps blog to share another cardmaking video.
I’m still on my Halloween card binge, but this week I pulled another TAWS set to create a little costumed penguin scene. The Penguins on Parade set was released earlier in the summer and it is one of those all-around sets that you can use any time of the year. It seemed too perfect not to use at least once for Halloween. I still wanted to pull in a little overt Halloween ambience, so I also used the Ghoul-Friend set. You can watch my video below, or on my YouTube channel.
I just knew that I had to dress these penguins up at least once for Halloween. I used my mini watercolour pallet and started by painting each penguin the base “penguin colours” and then went back to colour in my accessories. The whole process was made very easy because when I stamped the images, I also heat embossed them with clear powder at the same time. I love to heat emboss before using watercolour because it helps the paint stay contained so it doesn’t run.
That’s it for today. Happy haunting!
- Ink: VersaFine, Onyx Black; Versamark Watermark;
- Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps, Penguins on Parade; The Alley Way Stamps, Ghoul-Friend;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white; Winsor & Newton Watercolour Marker Pad (6×8); American Crafts, POW! Charcoal glitter paper; SimonSaysStamp, Burnt Orange 100# cardstock;
- Colouring: Winsor and Newton Cotman travel pallet watercolours;
- Embossing: homemade anti-satic bag; Ranger Embossing Powder(Liquid Platinum); WOW, Clear Gloss, Embossing Powder;
- Tools: Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board;
- Adhesive: Permanent glue runner; clear foam squares;
Until next time,