Welcome! I had so much fun creating my card for this week’s Colour Me…! challenge. The day I created the card, I woke up to -40º C temperatures (yikes!) so I was so ready to create a project using spring colours. This week the challenge is to create a project using teal, yellow, and red.
I grabbed some new stamp sets and incorporated a few different techniques for my card. I’m a novice colourer, so a few months ago I purchased a pack of Bic Mark-It alcohol markers to practice and learn how to colour and blend with markers. I don’t use them that often, but was pleasantly surprised with how well they blended together on this project.
- Ink: Versamark Watermark; Memento, Tuxedo Black; Distress Mini Ink: Peacock Feathers, Evergreen Bough;
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Critters at the Dog Park; SimonSaysStamp, You are Pawesome;
- Colouring: Bic MarkIt 36 pack;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white;
- Tools: Silhouette Portrait; Distress Mini Blending Tool; Precision Tip Applicator Bottle; heat tool; scissors; Homemade Anti-Static bag;
- Embossing: Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder;
- Adhesive: foam tape; Ranger Multi Medium Matte;
- Embellishments: Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear);
Thank you so much for dropping by! Make sure to check out the other design team blogs for some awesome (or pawesome?!) inspiration–
& February’s fab guest designer, Cornelia W
Hope to see you back here soon!