Welcome! I’m back on the Alley Way Stamps YouTube channel today sharing a sweet card I created using two mini stamp sets: Bugging Out, and Baby on Board. Of course, I’ve shared a YouTube tutorial to show you how I created this card. You can watch it below, or on YouTube.
I’ve had this card idea buzzing around in my head for a few months so I’m glad I finally sat down to get messy and create it!
I started by stamping my little honey pots in black ink onto a 4¼ x 5½” piece of watercolour paper, and then sprinkling on some clear embossing powder and zapping it with my heat tool.
The next step was the most fun (and messy!) part. I turned my honey pot stamp backwards on my acrylic block so that I could use the flat backside to smoosh on some Distress Ink. I used a variety of pink and purple colours in a completely random pattern. I really liked using the back of the stamp because it meant that the smooshed ink was in relatively the same shape as the honey pot.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Don’t forget to stop by the TAWS Blog to see the delectable creations the other Design Team ladies have been sharing.
- Ink: VersaFine, Onyx Black; Mini Distress Ink (Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves); Memento, Tuxedo Black;
- Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps, Bugging Out; The Alley Way Stamps, Baby on Board;
- SVG Electronic File: The Alley Way Stamps, Bugging Out;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white; Windor & Newton Watercolour Marker Pad (6×8);
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir Markers (OR1, CT2, IG1, IG6, IG10);
- Embossing: homemade anti-satic bag; Wow Clear Gloss Embossing Powder;
- Tools: Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Ranger Mini Mister;
- Adhesive: Permanent glue runner; clear foam squares;
- Embellishments: Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear); vellum;
Until next time,