Hi everyone! Today I’m on the Alley Way Stamps blog sharing a fun holiday card I created just in time for the first snow of the season. You can watch the YouTube tutorial below, or over on my YouTube channel.
This card was so fun to create. I love all the stamps you get in the Mistletoe Kisses stamp set because the creative possibilities are endless! I can’t wait to show you other ways I’ve used this set.
That’s it for today. Have a great weekend!
- Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink(Evergreen Bough);
- Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps, Mistletoe Kisses;
- Dies: Lawn Cuts, Sitched Hillside Borders;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white; Spectrum Noir, Ultra Smooth Premium, 100# cardstock; Ice Blue cardstock;
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir Markers (DG2, DG4, CG2, EB5, EB8, OR1, OR2, BGR1, Blender, BT1, BT2, BT4, IG6, IG8);
- Tools: Ranger Mini Blending Tool; Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Precision Tip Applicator Bottle; tweezers;
- Adhesive: Permanent glue runner; Ranger Multi Medium Matte;
- Embellishments: Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear); clear seed beads; White acrylic caulking; homemade stencil;
Until next time,
Welcome! Well, it’s been a few weeks since my last Colour Me challenge post. I’m back in the game and sharing my first Christmas card of 2015. This week the challenge is to create a project that incorporates red, green, orange, and yellow.
I have a how-to video to share to show you how I made my card. You can watch the video below, or on my YouTube channel.
The Alley Way Stamps stamp set that I used includes the moose, as well as several different decorations.
I used my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to colour in my moose. To get him all tangled in the lights, I used to fine tip marker to draw the cord, and then used the light bulb stamp to stamp the lights onto the cord. I went back in afterward to colour in each bulb using the challenge colours.
Of course, I had to add a little clear Wink of Stella glitter and Glossy Accents to complete the string of lights.
That’s it for today. Thanks so much for dropping by. I hope to see you playing along at the challenge.
- Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black; Versamark Watermark; Brilliance, Platinum Planet;
- Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps, Moosing You; Heidi Swapp, Woodgrain Background;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white; Spectrum Noir, Ultra Smooth Premium, 100# cardstock;
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir Markers (EB1, EB2, GB8, GB10, Blender, CG1, CT1, OR2, CR8);
- Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn, Peace Joy Love, Petite Paper Pack;
- Embossing: homemade anti-satic bag; Pearl Embossing Powder;
- Tools: Fine-tip Sharpie Marker; Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board;Precision Tip Applicator Bottle; Silhouette, Portrait;
- Adhesive: Ranger Multi Medium Matte; foam tape; Scotch tape;
- Embellishments: Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear); Glossy Accents; Pretty Pink Post, 4mm and 6mm, Sparkling Clear sequins;
Until next time,
On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…
A Christmas present card,
a Christmas tree card,
and a set of holiday caaards.
I used my Silhouette Portrait to cut a snowy background stencil from a plastic sheet and used Dreamweaver pearly embossing paste to create the card’s background texture.
I stamped the greeting using the Merry Christmas stamp from the SSS Be Joyful set with VersaFine Onyx Black ink onto a strip of vellum cut into a banner.
I cut a small notch at the fold of my A2 card (110lb white) so that I could thread the red ribbon and finished it with a bow.
Thanks for checking out day three! Check back soon for day four.