Welcome! This week I’m ink smooshing for the Colour Me challenge. The challenge this week is to create a project using a pale green, and two shades of pink.
I’ve been dying to try out the very popular ink smooshing technique, so I seized the opportunity with this week’s challenge. Make sure to watch the video to see how I made my card this week–
To do the smooshing, I used Distress Ink, an acrylic block, and my mini mister filled with water. After applying each colour, I heat set the paper to make sure the colours didn’t run or bleed. I like how the smooshing splotches made a kind of messy cloud above my tea pot, kind of like a genie in a bottle. Ink smooshing was tonnes of fun so I hope you’ll try it too!
- Ink: Distress Ink (Spun Sugar, Shabby Shutters, Picked Raspberry); VersaFine, Onyx Black; Versamark Watermark;
- Stamps: SimonSaysStamp, What’s Brewing;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white; Distress Watercolor Cardstock;
- Embossing: homemade anti-satic bag; Ranger Super Fine, Clear, Embossing Powder; Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder;
- Tools: Ranger Mini Blending Tool; Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Pick-Me-Up Stick; Precision Tip Applicator Bottle; Ranger Mini Mister; acrylic blocks;
- Adhesive: Be Creative ¼ tape; Ranger Multi Medium Matte; foam tape;
- Embellishments: Prima Wood Icons, Coffe Break veneer; Pretty Pink Posh 4mm, 6mm, Sparkling Clear Sequins;
Make sure to visit the other Colour Me designers for some awesome inspiration–
I hope I’ve inspired you to play along with us this week and I’ll see you there! Until next time,