I am so excited to announce that starting in the new year, I will be a design team member over at the Colour Me…! Colour Challenge.
As a regular player at the challenge, I’m thrilled! This challenge is largely responsible for my growth as a card maker over the last year. The team has consistently encouraged my efforts and fostered my enthusiasm in the hobby. I just can’t wait to pay it forward and encourage other paper crafters and spread the challenge’s positive energy!
Make sure to check out the challenge on January 7th for my first post as a design team member.
Another new challenge! I had a blast creating my card for the Colour Me…! Challenge Blog. You know how sometimes you get an idea and just run with it and it actually works out? Well, that’s what happened last night when I created my Team Tara challenge card.
There is a double challenge this week. For this card I used the Team Tara Colours. To play along, crafters create using only the challenge colours (and neutrals). I used papers in my stash that were as close to the Stampin’ Up colours as I had.
Colour Me Challenge Blog #31, Team Tara
I started with my Silhouette and cut the shapes I needed: bicycle (navy), Polaroid frame with “make a wish” cut out (white), and the senitment “make a wish” (navy). Since the spokes were so delicate, I glued together two navy bicycle shapes with the intention of making it more sturdy. I used my tape runner and adhered a piece of scrap paper on the backside of the frame behind the words. Next, I inlay the navy letters into the frame. You can see the pieces ready to be assembled, below.
I began work on the frame (I was going for a Polaroid look) by adhering a piece of vellum on the inside from the back. I cut my pale blue (soft sky) patterned paper to a little bit larger than the frame’s opening and then cut two strips garden green paper. I tore the top edges of the green paper and then positioned them on the patterned paper to look like a landscape of sorts. I adhered the patterned paper and green strips together and then adhered my landscape background behind the frame. That last thing I did was to affix the bicycle in front of the frame.
I mounted my completed Polaroid piece with foam tape onto a garden green A2 cardbase. At this point, I felt like the card needed something to finish it off. I tried a piece of pale blue ribbon but found that it didn’t work with the masculine look of the card, so I opted to tear the bottom edge and adhere a strip of the pale blue patterned paper on the inside of the card.
I had so much fun creating this card! All the Silhouette shapes I used were free (I think they came with the Silhouette Studio software). The patterned paper is from the Pink Paislee Pen Pals Collection. The navy and green cardstocks are made by Recollections.
Thanks for stopping by!