Welcome! It’s Wednesday already, so that means another new Colour Me challenge. The challenge this week is to create a project using navy, teal, pink, and yellow.
I’ve been reaching for my Critters in the Jungle set quite a bit recently, so that’s where I started for inspiration for my card. Make sure to watch the YouTube video to see how I made it–
I started at my computer in Silhouette Studio to cut the stitched window on my cardbase. Next, I masked off the area on the inside of the card that would show through the window. I used a navy and teal ink to blend on the background. While I let the background dry, I stamped, coloured, and die cut the birds.
After the background was dry and smooth, I stamped the thank you greeting and smooshed Versamark ink over the area before heat embossing with clear. In real life, the clear embossing powder gives a really shiny texture to the card so it finishes it off nicely.
Finally, I adhered down the birds and called it a day.
Thanks so much for dropping by! Make sure to visit the other design team members for tons more inspiration–
- Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black; VersaFine, Onyx Black; Versamark Watermark; Lawn Fawn, Mermaid; Lawn Fawn, Deep Sea;
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Critters in the Jungle; Lawn Fawn, Scripty Sayings;
- Dies: Lawn Cuts, Critters in the Jungle;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white;
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir Markers (OR1, CT2, PL1, BP2, PP5);
- Embossing: Ranger Superfine Clear embossing powder;
- Tools: Ranger Mini Blending Tool; Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Precision Tip Applicator Bottle; Silhouette Portrait;
- Adhesive: Ranger Multi Medium Matte;
Until next time,
Welcome! Today is an exciting day! I’m thrilled to be back on the Scrapbooks by Design blog today and bursting to share the card I created this week. This post is my first ever using my brand new Spectrum Noir alcohol markers!
I was gifted a large set of Spectrum Noir markers from my parents. To celebrate, and to practice, I made this thank you card to send my folks back home–
As soon as I saw the new Scripty Sayings stamps from Lawn Fawn, I was inspired to use the long greetings as vines. The new Critters in the Jungle set is perfect to use with the idea, especially since there is a climbing monkey included in the set!
Since I was in the mood to celebrate I went all out. There is everything, except the kitchen sink on this card, so I have TWO videos to share this week. The first is the tutorial of how I created and assembled the card, and the second is the Spectrum Noir Colouring and first impressions (sneak peek–they are AWESOME!).
- Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink (Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Broken China) ; VersaFine, Onyx Black;
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters in the Jungle; Lawn Fawn Scripty Sayings;
- Dies: Lawn Cuts Critters in the Jungle;
- Cardstock: cardbase -110# white; critters – Spectrum Noir 100#
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir: Elephant (BG1, BG2, BG4, FS6), Cheetah (FS2, GB8, GB10, OR1, TN2), Bird (CT2, OR1, TB3, TB5, TB6), Monkey (GB8, EB1, TN7, FS6, EB2), Flora (CG1, DG2, DG4);
- Embossing: homemade anti-satic bag; Superfine Clear embossing Powder;
- Tools: Silhouette, Portrait; Ranger Mini Blending Tool; ;
- Adhesive: Permanent glue runner; clear foam squares;
- Embellishments: Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear);
I’m going to play along with the Virginia’s View Challenge #14, Layers and Dimension using this card–
Thanks so much for dropping by today! I hope to see you back here again soon. Until next time,
Welcome! It’s Wednesday already, so that means it’s time for another Colour Me challenge post. This week the challenge is to create a project using blue, yellow, and neutral.
I created a clean and simple (CAS) card using Lawn Fawn’s Critters in the Jungle stamp set. Make sure to watch the video tutorial to see how I made it.
Thanks so much for dropping by this week. Make sure to visit the other designers for more inspiration–
Until next time,