Have you been fooled yet today? Someone always seems to get me each year when April 1st rolls around. Well good news, no tricks on the z² blog today!
This week the Colour Me Challenge is to create a project using sky blue, and neutrals.
I created a silly Easter card for my project using some supplies and techniques that I’ve been experimenting with recently–mixing stamps to create a single image, and using speciality media, in this case, faux suede. To be honest, this is one of those projects that I like the idea, but I don’t love the final project. Time wasn’t on my side this week, so I decided just to run with it and share the card anyway.
The You’re Earresistible sentiment from the Eggstra Special Easter set inspired this card. I thought it would be funny to create a little bunny parade with a dog trying to join the fun and sneak in “undercover” with big bunny ears. I combined stamps from Lawn Fawn (Critters at the Dog Park, and Eggstra Special Easter) to create my undercover pup. If you’re curious about this technique, I recently posted another video where I go in to more detail about how I do it. You can see the blog post and video here.
- Ink: Lawn Fawn, Black Licorice; Lawn Fawn, Walnut; Versamark Watermark;
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Eggstra Special Easter; Lawn Fawn, Critters at the Dog Park;
- Dies: Lawn Fawn, Eggstra Special Easter, Lawn Cuts;
- Cardstock: EK Tools, Faux Suede sheets; SimonSaysStamp, 110# Khaki;
- Colouring: Prismacolor Premier Color Pencils (24 tin);
- Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn, Let’s Polka Mon Amie, 6×6 pack, Echo Park, Anything Goes, 6×6 pack;
- Embossing: homemade anti-satic bag; Ranger Light Blue Embossing Powder;
- Tools: Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Pick-Me-Up Stick; Precision Tip Applicator Bottle; Post-It Tape; Cuttlebug;
- Adhesive: Permanent glue runner; Ranger Multi Medium Matte; foam tape;
- Embellishments: Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear); Pretty Pink Posh 4mm & 6mm Sparkling Clear sequins;
Make sure to visit the other designers for more blue inspiration. I got a sneak peek at this week’s creations and they are just oozing with inspiration–
Until next time,