Welcome! Today is Friday, so that means a TGIF post. I’ve been struggling with my crafty mojo recently but I feel like I’m finally getting my stride back. What do you do to help with your creative blocks?
So, for this week’s card, I created a Star Wars birthday card and matching envelope for a Star Wars obsessed eight year old. I couldn’t have made this card without the help of my Silhouette machine, some free clip art files, and a free Star Wars font.
As a bonus I also created a coordinating envelope. I create a coordinating envelope to go with almost every card I make, but I’ve never done a video showing how I do it. With the help of my We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board it’s a cinch.
That’s no moon! It’s a space station!
- Ink: Versamark Watermark;
- Stamps: SimonSaysStamp, Hand Lettered Winter Wishes;
- Cardstock: SimonSaysStamp 100# Sunshine; SimonSaysStamp 100# Dark Chocolate;
- Embossing: homemade anti-satic bag; Ranger Embossing Powder, Liquid Platinum;
- Tools: Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Precision Tip Applicator Bottle; Silhouette, Portrait; We R Memory Keepers, Envelope Punch Board;
- Adhesive: Be Creative ¼ tape; Ranger Multi Medium Matte; clear foam squares;
- Clip Art Files: Death Star; Empire Logo;
- Free Font: Star Jedi;
If you’re curious about how to install a font to use with your Silhouette Portrait, I have a video showing how on my YouTube channel. You can watch it here.
That’s it for for today. Until next time…may the force be with you.
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Star Wars images, nor am I affiliated with Disney or Star Wars.