Welcome! I’m thrilled to be back on the Scrapbooks by Design blog today sharing a card I created using supplies from Lawn Fawn and my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. As usual, there is a video tutorial showing you how I created my fun monster card.
I made a very similar card for my sister’s birthday in May using the little birthday hat stamp that’s included in the Monster Mash set, and swapped out the patterned paper with a piece from the Taylored Expressions, Double the Fun, 6×6 pack. I love this stamp set because it can be used for so many different occasions.
Ok, that’s it from me today. Thanks so much for dropping by!
- Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black;
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Monster Mash;
- Cardstock: 110# white;
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir Markers (BT1, BT2, BT4, PL1, BP2, PL2, BP6, CT1, CT3, CT4, PP5, PP3, DR1, IG1, IG2, IG4);
- Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn, Let’s Polka Mon Ami, Petite Paper Pack;
- Tools: Post-it Tape; Wave scissors;
- Adhesive: Ranger Multi-Medium Matte; foam tape;
- Embellishments: ; googly eyes;
Until next time,
Hi there! Today I’m sharing a card I created for the Colour Me! challenge. I have some exciting news to share about the Challenge so make sure to check back soon for the big reveal. In the meantime, the challenge this week is create a project using red and navy.
The colours seemed perfect for a father’s day card so that’s what I created. I wanted to create a custom card just for my Dad so I used stamps from Lawn Fawn to create my greeting.
You could easily use this idea and tailor the definition to your Dad. My biggest tip for stamping your own greeting is to draw some lines (in pencil) to guide the stamping and ensure everything is straight. Because this is a one layer card with the greeting as the major focal point, I figured that if I didn’t get things lined up, it would be pretty obvious. I stamped each letter individually, but if you’re patient, you could also line up each word on your acrylic block and stamp it that way.
After finishing the greeting, I felt like the card needed a little something more so I stamped two monsters peeking out from the bottom of the card and coloured them in using my Prisamacolor Pencils.
- Ink: Lawn Fawn, Deep Sea; SimonSaysStamp, Lipstick Red;
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Milo’s ABCs; Lawn Fawn, Monster Mash;
- Cardstock: Neenah, Desert Storm 100#;
- Colouring: Prismacolor Pencils (24 tin) (PC901, PC903; PC933, PC924, PC922, white) Windsor & Newton, Sansodor blending solvent; blending stumps;
That’s all for today. Thanks so much for dropping by! Until next time,