Hi everyone. I hope you’re having a fabulous weekend! Thanks so much for dropping by today.
I’m sharing a whimsical valentine’s day card using stamps from Simon Says Stamp. As always, there is a how to video so you can follow along. You can watch the video below, or over on my YouTube channel.
I wanted to create a special love note that didn’t necessarily require a new stamp set. I love using my stamps all through the year, so this was a perfect excuse to pull out the adorable You are Pawesome stamp set.
That’s it for today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Until next time,
Supplies (click any image to view):
Happy Thursday! I hope your week is coming to a beautiful close. Where I live we’ve been getting snow all week. It’s a true winter wonderland and I love it!
For today’s card, love is in the air. I used stamps from Lawn Fawn and a blue colour scheme to create a non-traditional valentine’s day card. I think this one would be great for any guys in your life.
You can watch the how-to video below, or over on my YouTube channel.
I thought the blue went perfectly with the stamp set. I even incorporated some sparkly paper for some extra razzle dazzle. I tend to steer away from anything sparkly when I make more masculine cards, but I think you can get away with a little extra pizzazz on valentine’s day cards.
That’s it for today. Thanks so much for dropping by!
- Ink: Memento, Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink (Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers);
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Whale You Be Mine;
- Dies: Lawn Fawn, Small Stitched Rectangles; Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangles; Mama Elephant, Embellished Tag, Creative Cuts;
- Cardstock: Recollections 110# white; Winsor & Newton Watercolour Marker Pad (6×8); Spectrum Noir, Ultra Smooth Premium, 100# cardstock;
- Colouring: Spectrum Noir Markers (BG2, BG4, BG6, PP3);
- Patterned Paper: American Crafts Pow!, Marine, glitter paper;
- Tools: Fiskars SureCut Trimmer; Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board; Pick-Me-Up Stick; Precision Tip Applicator Bottle; Cuttlebug;
- Adhesive: Ranger Multi Medium Matte; foam tape; clear foam squares;
- Embellishments: Pretty Pink Posh, 4mm Marshmallow, sequins; Pretty Pink Posh, 6mm Sparkling Clear, sequins; Micron 03 marker;
Until next time,
Greetings from the very snowy shores of Georgian Bay. Thanks for joining us for another colourful week at the Colour Me…! challenge. This week the challenge is to create a project using pink and red. If you haven’t already started your Valentine’s day cards, this is the perfect combo to start.
I grabbed the SimonSaysStamp Ice Cream Dream stamp set and used that as inspiration for my card. Since I’m a new crafter, I have a very limited stash of stamps so I always try to re-purpose them for as many occasions as I can. I created a soft valentine’s shaker and incorporated the challenge colours with the shaker material, as well as the emboss resist background and the huge (5 scoops!) ice cream cone.
To create my emboss resist shaker background, I stamped some ice cream shapes from the stamp set using VersaMark ink and heat embossed with a pearly embossing powder. Next, I used Spun Sugar Distress Ink and water to watercolour the background.
To create my giant tower of ice cream, I stamped the image five times using Spun Sugar Distress ink, and then once using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink onto Ranger Distress watercolor paper. I used the same ink mixed with pearly water to paint the scoops and cone. I fussy cut all of the elements and then adhered them together using my Zig 2Way glue pen.
Thanks so much for dropping by. Make sure to visit the rest of the design team for a healthy dose of inspiration–
& February’s fab guest designer, Cornelia W
The Virginia’s View February Shaker Card Challenge is still on, so I’m going to play along (again!) with this card. A very special and sincere thank you to Virginia for her kind words and thoughtful encouragement.
Hope to see you here again soon,